Tuesday 28 August 2012

7 Things.... How I got on this month...


So it is about that time of the month, where I let you guy's know how I got on with my 7 Things. I have really enjoyed taking part in the 7 Things post invented by none other than Louise Sprinkle of Glitter... go and check out her blog here.

1. Sleep! This is top of my list as I have extremely bad trouble sleeping. I think my worst example in recent weeks was still being awake when Brett got up for work. Bad times. I have medication from the doctor, but it isn't helping any more. So I need to change it maybe, but also I want to find other things that can help. Ie, mobile phone banned from bedroom, no TV an hour before bed, reading, a mattress topper and some fluffy pillows, anything that gives me a slim chance of sleeping! If anyone out there has any advice or ideas, please let me know as I am going out of my mind!

Me and pals!! (Emma and Becca) At Karaoke Peterborough

Well I have not done too bad at this. I didn't get around to getting mattress topper and pillows, but I did go back to England for a staggering three weeks, and was so tired from all the visiting people I slept very well. I was also staying with my very good friend Emma, and we spent most evenings chatting until we felt sleepy. Now I am back at home, I have quite a lot on what with starting college, and I am also quite vigorously looking for a part time job. So all in all the sleeping is getting better. 


2. Getting Organized: The Kitchen Chapter. So I have done the wardrobe and now its the turn of the kitchen. I am pretty sorted in this room, but its not husband proof so I need to come up with a system that works for everyone. 
Well clearly the fact that I was away from home for 3 weeks (unexpectedly I might add, it was meant to be a week!) I haven't managed to achieve this. So the kitchen chapter of organising will be rolling over to next month. However, I would like to say that I have purchased tupperware to organise my freezer, so I have been thinking about this.

3. Lose Some Weight: I know I started this last month, but this is going to be ongoing. I think my plan is do the weekly updates like I did before, give me a bit of a push and reason not to fail. Any support with this is openly welcomed.
People, you need to help me with this. Despite feeling better, and in my opinion looking better, and all my friends/family telling me I've lost weight. The scales say otherwise. Infact, the scales say I have put on weight! How can this be?? There's only one thing for it: I'm going to Slimming World. More news on this in my new 7 Things.
4. Cherish The Memories: I have loads of photos on memories cards, on my pc and prints from years back. I want to get some matching albums, and try and make some order of it all. My Nana and Grandad have a really impressive photo collection, with every moment documented. I love nothing more than looking through them all with my Nana, and I want to be able to do the same with my future children and grand children.
Again, what with being away from home for three weeks, I have not succeeded here wither, and to be honest I think this is a bigger job than I anticipated. And probably more expensive. I'm going to think about this and get back to you.

Me and Emma ready for round two! x
5. Spend Quality Time with Brett: Since we moved to Glasgow, Brett works a lot and I have been ill a lot and we have fallen into a routine. I want us to start going out a bit more and enjoying each others company without the the mundane routine of everyday life. So I think we are going to go to some them parks and nice restaurants and just have some 'us' time.

Well, other than being at home for three weeks, we have done quite well. Brett also came to Peterborough for a weekend and we went to the seaside which was nice. We have also had some nice meals together and nice chats. So all in all doing a lot better at this one.

6. Swimming: I know I already have the 'Lose Weight' but I am making this seperate, as I alwasy think to myself 'I'll go swimming tomorrow' and then don't go. I really love swimming, and the pool is included at my gym, complete with sauna, jacuzzi and steam room. So I really want to go a couple of times a week.
Complete epic fail. Not been once. Whoops. I'm going to go today though...... maybe.

7. Plan a Holiday: Last but by no means least, I want to plan a trip[, it may not be until next year, but I want to know we are going to go and have a nice break away from work, college, the stresses of routine life and just have some fun, relax on a beach or whatever. We want to go somewhere, neither of us have been, so I will have to look far and wide.
We have started thinking about this, but still can't decide on a location. Also its been quite difficult to decide when, seeing as I now have college and Brett does not get paid for taking time off work. So we will have to see where we end up with this one. I fancy Cyprus myself, I know we have both been before. But we loved it oh so much.

So that's I did this month. It's about 50/50 no? I did good in some areas. To be honest having an unplanned trip to England kind of threw me off a little. But I had an amazing time. I spent plenty of time with my pals and went to my favourite ever Karaoke at O'Neill's 3 times!! I have already planned to go home again in October. Going to be immense! Look out for my new 7 Things which will be up in the next few days. Bye for now.... xx


1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of this! You have inspired me to try this out. Perfect! x x

    ReplyDelete